Tuesday, December 15, 2009

THE BEST LEMON SQUARES- AMY'S LEMON SQUARES


I have tried many different recipes of lemon squares, these
lemon squares from The Sweeter Side of Amy's Bread are by far the best.
being by far the best. The lemon part is tangy and tart, sweet and sour. They have that fudgy texture nobody can resist. It is creamy, and sort of jam like. They go great with the melt-in-your-mouth crust that tastes sort of like shortbread. The first few times I made this recipe, I did not use the food processor, instead i used my hand to knead the dough. This time i used the food processor, and by far, these were the best lemon squares. Making them in the food processor makes the crust less hard and leathery. cookie like crust plus jammy like filling equals a recipe for success. Anyone who likes lemony desserts will love these.
so, enough about my raving. Try it yourself:
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/zesty-lemon-bars
I put it in the freezer for 20 min, and it baked for 30 min.
you should watch the video.
Tip: to see if the lemon curd filling is set, shake the baking dish.
if the filling moves, it is not set.
THIS RECIPE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!

No comments: